KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY, RESTON
WEEKLY NEWS AND NOTES for November 15th , 2010
Happy Birthday to Matt McGinley on the 20th , Rob Chevez & Maria Kemp on the 21st and to Bruce Smith & Aruna Giri on the 22nd !!
Welcome to Keller Williams Realty, Reston: Jessica Swingle and to Loren Kim !
Our Productivity Coach is available to assist you!!
As some of you may already be aware, I have been working as a Productivity Coach in several of the KWR offices in our area for the last 2+ years.
I will be holding “Office Hours” in the Reston Office to allow any interested agent the opportunity to receive coaching on issues such as branding, marketing, goal-setting, time-blocking, using the 4-1-1, negotiating deals, interacting with clients, etc.
If you want to just drop in to say hello, or discuss any of the above, please feel free to do so. I am also setting up free 1/2-hour coaching sessions by appointment.
My office hours for the next two weeks are: tomorrow, Friday 11/12 from 10am-1pm, Tuesday 11/16 from 10am-1pm (I’ll be speaking during the Team Mtg at 11am), and Thursday 11/18, from 12:30-2:30pm. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a specific time.
Looking forward to working with you,
DocuSign office Account
Docusign webinar training every Tuesday at 12 noon. In the training room
|Basket Assembly for Reston Interfaith November 13th from 10:00-12:00pm
This is a reminder that if you haven’t already purchased and delivered your food items to please do so by today or tomorrow at the latest. And if you cannot for whatever reason please let me know ASAP. Also, remember to give your receipt to Sheila for reimbursement. I’m looking forward to Saturday morning!!!
Thank you so much for volunteering to gather the items needed for the
Thank you again for your help and we look forward to seeing you all at the
November 17th from 11:30 am-1:00pm
ALC Meeting: we are finalizing plans for 2011. Come see how you can get involved and make a difference!
November 17th from 10:30 am-12:00pm
Here is another great training opportunity from your friends at Champion Title!
We hope you will join us for a new training topic!
November 18th from 11:00 am-1:00pm
Thursday November 18th at 11:00 in Chantilly Market Center
Jen Young and Peter Livingston will be teaching a class on, How To Convert Buyers From Sign Calls. Jen and Peter will show us how to get that first appointment, by showing your value and separating yourself from other realtors to win the buyer. They will give you scripts that work and dialogues that make sense. You will learn first hand by two of the top agents in the region (Peter was the #1 buyer agent in all of VA/WVA in 2009) how to get the appointment, how to consult and on the different types of sales. This is NOT a class you want to miss.
Thanksgiving Pot Luck Lunch
November 23rd from 11:00-1:00pm
One of my favorite interviews at our recent Mega Camp was Gary’s chat with Jim and Jeff Reitzel of Kitchener, Ontario. Among the Reitzels’ best business-building tools is holding investor and first-time home buyer seminars—a lead generation strategy that helped them do more than 120 transactions and over $67 million in business in 2009. And they are on pace to have a much better 2010.
So what are the keys to success?
1. Be Predictably Consistent – More than anything, the Reitzels attribute their success to predictability and consistency. For example, they hold their monthly investor seminar at the same place, at the same time on the third Tuesday of each month. After a while, interested buyers don’t need an invitation or directions. They just show up. It’s like the old Batman show: “Tune in tomorrow—same Bat time, same Bat channel!”
2. Persistence Pays Off – The Reitzels count on word of mouth to market their seminars. They invite every client. They invite fellow agents to bring guests. They invite just about anyone they meet. Over time, this simple message of “every third Tuesday” has sunk in, and the numbers have grown from the early days when Jeff might have gotten the opportunity to practice the ninety-minute presentation for Jim alone, to today when their investor seminars average 80 to 120 attendees!
The repetition of our marketing for these events combined with the word of mouth they can generate can be quite powerful. Jeff shared that one investor bought 22 townhomes on their second meeting. The investor had never actually made it to one of the seminars but, because Jeff was always holding them, he felt like Jeff must be the expert.
3. Big Audiences Are Great, Motivated Audiences Will Do – Even when only a handful show up, it can still be a success. Jim shared that this summer he taught a first-time home buyer seminar and only three people showed up. “I thought, ‘Oh great!’ but you know, one of those three became a buyer!” Similarly, you don’t have to start with a 100-seat training room. A coffee shop will do. When Wendy Papasan started her business, she used Facebook to send monthly invites to talk wealth building through real estate over a morning coffee at “Millionaire Mocha$.” Some weeks, she has a crowded table; others, she has a hot cup of joe and works her database. Regardless of the attendance, in just a year the messaging has sunk in—everyone now knows she’s in real estate, and sometimes a friend of a friend will show up who Wendy didn’t personally invite.
4. Build on the Success of Others –Jeff began teaching investor seminars in 2003. He created his own material based on his investing experience. After seeing an hour long presentation on The Millionaire Real Estate Investor, he adopted The Millionaire Real Estate Investor Client Workshop and made it his own. When the Your First Home Seminar became available, he adopted it as well. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Adopting an existing presentation is much easier than creating your own from scratch. The same for marketing materials like the brand new 7 Reasons Why Now is a Great Time to Buy a Home.
Similarly, Jeff coached another agent to simply tell Jeff’s investing stories since he didn’t have any of his own. It worked. For the record, The Millionaire Real Estate Investor has more than investor profiles at the back of the book, and Your First Home tells a different tale of first time home buying between every chapter.
5. Follow-Up Matters – Don’t get people excited and just cut them loose. In 60 to 90 minutes, you likely won’t get far beyond the basics which means motivated buyers are likely to have questions. Get them on the phone and set a time for a personal consultation. When Gary taught seminars, he would stand by the exit with his calendar setting appointments as attendees left the room. That’s following up for the appointment!
The last time the National Association of Realtors posted their numbers, 38% of buyers were first-time home buyers and 19% were investors. By the way, that’s more than half the market. Astonishingly, going back to October 2008, these two groups average 59% of the market! Don’t miss out. Start using seminars to market yourself as the expert.
From Jay Papasan
On-Going Weekly Classes:
Every Morning at 8.30 am- Power Hour
Tuesdays at 11 am – Team meeting
Self-Confidence, Higher Productivity, More Listings, More Buyers, New Skills, More Fun, More Money….. Our Power Hour schedule is as follows:
Every Morning 8:30AM – 10AM
Self-Confidence, Higher Productivity, More Listings, More Buyers, New Skills, More Fun, More Money!
See you all there ready to expect more and improve!
Please give our vendor partners an opportunity to serve your clients. They’ll make you look like a rock star!
Champion Title: Ryan Koppel 703-517-4244
McLean Mortgage: Cindy Fox 703-409-2002
~ 3E is the “trademark” of our office. Your Staff, ALC and fellow agents are focused on and committed to creating the best Real Estate office in North America- right here in Reston! The 3Es describe what that ‘best office’ looks and feels like- It is an office filled with ENERGY, it’s agents are focused on EXCELLENCE, and they are ENGAGED with the office on a daily or weekly basis. Help us spread the word… it can’t happen without YOU!
See you around the Office…and make it a great week!!! MIKE 703-679-1719